You can shove this up your blog and link it

I caved under pressure, i succombed to the sounds, the sounds of peer pressure

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Tristan's All-Time Top Ten Albums to Date

1. The Stills - Logic Will Break Your Heart
2. Weezer - Pinkerton
3. The Shout Out Louds - Howl Howl Gaff Gaff
4. Brendan Benson - Lapalco
5. Ben Folds - Rockin' The Suburbs
6. Counting Crows - Hard Candy
7. The Streets - Original Pirate Material
8. Ryan Adams - Gold
9. Stars - Set Youself On Fire
10. Cadence Weapon - Cadence Weapon

This was a hard list to make. One of the major factors was whether I owned the CD or not. These are also artists who have put out albums in my lifetime.

Great Albums I own that didn't make the cut:
Jay-Z - Black Album
Saves the Day - Stay What You Are
The rest of Ben Folds' albums
New Amsterdams - Worse for the Wear
Nada Surf - Let Go
Postal Service - Give Up
The White Stripes (all albums)
Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Blur - Think Tank
Badly Drawn Boy - Have You Fed the Fish Lately?
Belle and Sebastian - The Life Pursuit

6 Comments:

Blogger calvin said...

this must have been hard to do.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Light Rose said...

interesting list tristo
i've barely heard most of those bands
maybe i should

10:36 PM  
Blogger passthejuice said...

cadence weapon? shout out louds? i'd be interested to see if these are still on the list a couple months down the road... esp cadence weapon

kudos for undertaking such a momentus task though

8:34 AM  
Blogger Tristan said...

i think i just wanted to put cadence weapon on there, not sure why so I put him as 10, but I think he's gonna come up with something better.

I don't think you gave him much of a chance mark.

Shout Out Louds I still like a hell of a lot, but when I was listing other great albums, I was like, shit, maybe some of these deserve to be on the list.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Tristan said...

you guys should try and make your own lists.

10:44 AM  
Blogger passthejuice said...

I have it a chance... it's good, but i don't know if it's remarkable enough to be among the ten best albums you've ever heard. you've listened to a lot of good music, dude. probably even some better hip-hop than that. Lyrics Born? A Tribe Called Quest?

Shout Out Louds i can totally see being on your list, they just seem like something that might fade for some reason. I still love the album.

I love how much discussion this could possibly generate. We should sit down and chew these out in person. With beer. Blanche De Chambly. I'm buying.

I'm going to try to make my own list, too.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home