You can shove this up your blog and link it

I caved under pressure, i succombed to the sounds, the sounds of peer pressure

Friday, May 05, 2006

Time comes and Goes

So I haven't written in a long time.

I have not been inspired. Not much has been inspiring. I don't really know what's up with me. I feel like I've been a ghost except to Jess. My days focus around cooking, looking for work and going to my part-time job at Sears when I have to. I have been experiencing some new things like new work and new roomates, but none of it is exciting. All I can think about is making money and coooking. What is up with that? I need my good friends around me. I have friends in Guelph but all I have in common with them is school and living in Guelph and being 21ish. Why does that seem like enough in most cases?

I need the people who made me who I am around me. The friends I have here have not changed me at all. I don't want to get nostalgic, I just want more people around me who inspire me and enrich my life. And this goes waaaay back too. I don't just mean my friends from London, though mainly I do, I recently reconnected with friends I had pre-puberty and I would love a chance to reconnect with them, for better or worse. But I can only connect with you guys through my blog or msn, but I can't get the juices I need from you guys this way. It just doesn't work like that, I need you in front of me, I think the site of you faces and voices are what get the juices flowin'.

I need to read a book or something. I have a few. I've got Naked Pictures of Famous People by Jon Stewart, Shopgirl by Steve Martin. Vice will suffice when they come in the mail, though I'm feeling like all I read in there is lies now, it is still entertaining.

Ryno is in Australia. That's pretty cool. I wish I had the resources to do things like that. I will live vicariously through his experience when he returns though.

I am trying to get a job at a moving company. It will pay $12/hr. which sounds pretty good. I tried to apply for a full-time day camp leader but the e-mail address on the posting was wrong. I think that would have been good. I don't get enough exposure to kids, I feel like I need it, I don't want to forget what being a kid was like.

So I guess I should make some more plans to connect with friends. My job situation is too in the air right now, maybe things will clear up soon.

So the key thing is here, you can give me all the inspiration advice you want about where I can find it, but the fact of the matter is that I find it in my friends, and right now nothing can help that.

So turkey chili it is today, and some lovely tunes. Song of the week: This Day - Sleepy Jackson (itunes understands me, it just randomly played it for me)

I was kinda close to winning the lottery ($14 mill.) and yes i buy a ticket once in a while cause I don't waste my money on coffee and ciggy's like other people, plus i was raised in very resourceful family that was somewhat poor, but didn't show it because we know how to make $40 000/yr. look like $80 000/yr.

Here were my #'s: 02 17 21 25 31 48
The winning #'s: 01 17 24 29 34 46

Send me some e-love, Tristan

7 Comments:

Blogger SH said...

Much love starting June 9th!!!! I am home to reconnect with those I grew up with and with those I love. My life has shifted into hyperdrive, and everythin g is blurry except what's right in front of me. I might need to fix that. I will see you at Oak Park Tristan.

S

10:44 AM  
Blogger passthejuice said...

love you man

8:11 AM  
Blogger calvin said...

hey can I come to Guelph next weekend? or did you want to come to London? Lets do this. Bring the beef, i've got the vegetables.

9:00 AM  
Blogger passthejuice said...

also i've got some books for you... great books. i'll hook you up

ALSO: Brie and Mark would like to send you a "Brie and Mark Hug". Furthermore, you are invited to sit on our patented "omni-lap" anytime you want.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Tristan said...

Calvin you're more than welcome to come to guelph. Although... I do work this weekend,5-9 friday, 10-4 saturday, 11-5 sunday... but i'd be happy to do something saturday night, we can work something out, even if it's not this weekend

8:42 AM  
Blogger Light Rose said...

Hey Tristan! We all miss the big bear here in London... If I could only see you put the turkey in the pot... one... more... time... *sniff*

3:45 PM  
Blogger calvin said...

Birthday's into the coke.

come to london and we'll have an intervention.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home